OpenOffice.org language packs delayed

Sebastian Heinlein glatzor at gmx.de
Wed Jun 7 22:35:54 BST 2006

Am Mittwoch, den 07.06.2006, 13:44 +0200 schrieb Jordi Mallach:
> On Wed, Jun 07, 2006 at 08:49:48AM +0200, Sebastian Heinlein wrote:
> > Could you please send me the po files of OO.o before they are merged
> > with the Rosetta strings? Some translators started to re-translated it
> > since there was an import error with the upstream translations.
> >
> > Because it is not easy to create the po files for OO.o I would be very
> > happy if you could send them to me. So I could compare them with the
> > Rosetta ones.
>
> Unless I'm very mistaken, no such po files exist, as the upstream
> translations get shipped in the native GSI formats.
>
> We can, I guess, do something to make the upstream strings take
> precedence in Ubuntu for  your language, if that would help you.
>
> Jordi

This could help - carlos already did this for KDE some time ago. But I
can only guess if this is right solution, since I simply don't know
which and how many strings are affected.

But the translations are converted to po to get imported into Rosetta.
Having these files would be nice. But I could be wrong, too, since I
don't really understand the technical details of:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/OpenOfficeRosettaInterface

Sebastian