A way to search strings in Rosetta

Erdal Ronahi erdal.ronahi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 3 19:23:50 GMT 2006

Hi,

Yes, I've seen the script, it uses the method also explained by Milo in
> another post: converting the mo file in our system in po files then making
> greping in them.
>
> But this isn't an easy way to make a search for two reasons:
> - it is a difficult way to do this, for example for people of the
> translations
> teams that have made a huge contribution on a specific application because
> it
> is the one they knows better or are particularly interested, but they
> aren't
> very confident with shell commands

We use a simpler method:

If you add "&batch=500" to the URL, you will see 500 messages instead of 10.
Then you can search the page with the search function of your browser.

However, if you want to change some strings, you are very likely to get a
timeout from Rosetta.

Best regards,
Erdal