Rosetta news for 2006-08-16

Danilo Šegan danilo at canonical.com
Fri Aug 18 18:22:25 BST 2006

Hi Erdal,

Today at 15:14, Erdal Ronahi wrote:

> I understand that this task is hard, but why is it a surprise? I
> fairly well remember the troubles of migrating from Hoary to Breezy
> and the even bigger trouble of migrating from Breezy to Dapper.

Note that there was no migration from Hoary to Breezy, or from Breezy
to Dapper: they were open as pristine trees, thus losing previous
contributions (afaik, at least).

Now we have worked to solve this once and forever.  The procedure is
pretty complicated because we also needed it to work for already
started translations (eg. we first migrate those translations from
Breezy to Dapper which have not been resubmitted yet, and then migrate
everything from Dapper to Edgy).

Cheers,
Danilo