Translation of Rosetta interface into Russian

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 26 22:45:50 BST 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-26 at 12:40 -0700, Og Maciel wrote:
> On 4/26/06, Igor Zubarev <igor4u at gmail.com> wrote:
> > We make Linux available in different languages. What the diffference with Rosetta?
>
> I agree... and this shouldn't be just for Rosetta, but Launchpad
> too...  So if you don't know enough english, you don't get to file a
> bug report?  And if even though you also can't speak english but want
> to see what is going on with the translation of a given package?
> Launchpad is just another "application", isn't it?

I can see that it is difficult for non-English speakers to file bugs,
and it would be very nice if users could file bugs in their own
language. The problem we face here is that the developers do not speak
all languages, and the common language is currently English. The best
way for people who don't speak English to file a bug report, in my view,
is to do so via the translation/locoteam for their language, who should
definitely make it a core task to assist people to contribute in this
way, even if they don't speak English.

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com
gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF