Ubuntu 6.06 Documentation Ready to Translate

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Sun Apr 23 15:03:28 BST 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-10 at 19:48 +0100, Matthew East wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> At last the official documentation for Ubuntu and Kubuntu 6.06 is ready
> for translation.

Hi all,

A snapshot of the translations was uploaded today for the GNOME
documents. Please test and file a bug on ubuntu-docs if there are any
problems.

The deadline for adding new translations is May 18th. That means I will
be uploading the final snapshot on May 17th, so please get everything
done by then. :) I will probably upload another set between now and
then.

While I was going through the translations, I had to fix quite a lot of
problems with them due to failure to follow this advice: please double
check that all translation teams are aware of and are following these
guidelines:

> For your guidance:
>
> 1. where you see a tag in the translation (for example: "<ulink
> url="http://www.ubuntu.com">The Ubuntu Website</ulink>"), the tag and
> anything inside the tag itself should not be translated. The words
> between the tags should be translated. In the above example, the words
> to be translated would be "The Ubuntu Website".
> 2. where you see a phrase expressed like "&gt;", do not change this. In
> fact, pay special attention to keeping it exactly the same, if these
> break, I will have to repair the translations by hand, and that will
> take a long time!

Failure to follow these results in errors in the xml, which I will have
to clean up before uploading, so please keep them in mind to save me
some time!!

Thanks a lot, and great job with all the translations.

Matt
mdke at ubuntu.com
gnupg pub 1024D/0E6B06FF