What do you want in your translation summary page?

Abel Cheung abelcheung at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 11:04:21 BST 2006

On 4/22/06, Claude Paroz <paroz at email.ch> wrote:
> > > As a first measure to improve some of the QA concerns that have been
> > > raised (still need to reply to mdke on that), we're trying to come up
> > > with ideas abotu what to do with the
> > > http://launchpad.net/person/yourlogin/+translations
> >
> > > I think it should be possible to have a look at the specific strings a
> > > user has translated lately, so they can be reviewed in a per-user basis
> > > easily.
> >
> > Next most important showstopper (IMO) is that we can't see who has
> > translated strings. It's vital to do QA of existing members (especially
> > for those groups who haven't been careful with approving members) that
> > when going through translations on a package, you can see WHO has
> > submitted a particular translation. You can see it for suggestions, but
> > not translations.
> >
> +++1
> I can only stress what Matt asked. We try to add QA in the French team,
> because there are catastrophic translations, and we cannot find who did
> them :-(

And I want to add a <aol>me too</aol>. The accountability of users is
important; right now it is so convenient that any random Joe can mess up
with team work. Sometimes they do provide correct translation and
actually helped; but still, the changes are hiden under cover, so it's quite
impossible to review.

Abel

> Claude

Abel Cheung   (GPG Key: 0xC67186FF)
Key fingerprint: 671C C7AE EFB5 110C D6D1  41EE 4152 E1F1 C671 86FF