OOO import from Breezy to Dapper wrong for Kurdish

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at canonical.com
Wed Apr 19 20:20:41 BST 2006

El lun, 03-04-2006 a las 09:51 +0200, Carlos Perelló Marín escribió:
> El sáb, 01-04-2006 a las 14:52 +0200, Erdal Ronahi escribió:
> > Ok, I just started uploading manually, should I abandon that? Can we
> > work safely on the Dapper templates now, or should we wait until the
> > problem is resolved?
>
> Well, I'm going to remove only the translations set as 'published', that
> means the ones coming from upstream. You should not be using that option
> but the 'User upload' and those will remain.

The removal is done, it took more time than expected because I had to
develop a script to do some extra work to prevent that we block
Rosetta's database completely. Tomorrow a new OO.org upload will be done
into Dapper and all upstream translations will appear again without any
ghost strings.

We also removed breezy's translations due the bug were there too. Those
ones will be reimported too this week.

The import process will be slow due the amount of strings that OO has,
it would take more than one day to get them imported, so don't worry if
you think your language has been forgotten, if it doesn't appear next
Friday, then ping me, please.

> > I mean, will translations we are doing now be recognized? I am waiting
> > for your "ok" to tell my team to switch to the Dapper templates.
>
> As explained before, yes, they will be recognized. Anyway, I'm going to
> remove those entries today and prepare a new upload with the fixed data
> from upstream (but it will take one day or so to get the whole
> OpenOffice imported again) so I think is better if you wait but it's not
> a problem if you go ahead and import them.

Feel free to do any upload now if your language doesn't exist in
upstream releases, otherwise, please wait until the reimport is done so
we don't mix credits about who did a translation.

Cheers.