Request to create Esperanto team

Jordi Mallach jordi at canonical.com
Sat Apr 1 16:05:45 BST 2006

Hi Tim!

On Sat, Apr 01, 2006 at 11:49:34AM +0100, Tim Morley wrote:
> OK, that's better than a wide open system, but could you explain in
> that case what's been happening so far? I started translating
> immediately after creating my own account on LaunchPad, and nobody's
> ever objected. The half-dozen other people also did exactly the same
> -- started working on the Esperanto translation, and were never
> questioned. All this was before the Ubuntu Esperanto Team even existed.
>
> If we were all allowed to just pitch in without any authorisation,
> will it be any different in future for the next contributor?

So, until two days ago, the "eo" language had no "owner". With products
using the "Structured" permission, and as you quote below, Esperanto
translations were always accepted. Now that a team is in charge of "eo",
these translations are only accepted if the contributor is a member of
ubuntu-l10n-eo. If they don't belong to the team, they will be added as
suggestions only.

> The "Structured/Reviewed" option definitely sounds like the most
> useful (but also obviously the hardest to implement), but it would
> allow newcomers to contribute usefully and immediately, but also
> allow the established team the chance to competence-check new people
> before giving out full permissions.

Yup, and this is what you should be using (the product page should tell
you in the left column).

Jordi
jordi at sindominio.net     jordi at debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/