Registering PySubMind

Jordi Mallach jordi at canonical.com
Fri Sep 16 12:24:40 CDT 2005

Hi rangzen,

On Fri, Sep 16, 2005 at 02:01:39PM +0200, rangzen wrote:
> Hello,
> is there a web page where it's explain how prepare my application to
> use rosetta ?
> Do you need a special web link to obtains the po ?
>
> Something like that for the en po ?
> http://cvs.gna.org/cvsweb/pysubmind/PySubMind/i18n/en/messages.po?rev=1.13;content-type=text%2Fplain;cvsroot=pysubmind

A few comments,

Your repository is lacking a pot file, which makes it non-trivial to
import. I have generated one now, though.

You ship an en.po with translations of what appear to be some internal
tags.

msgid "error_note_id_none"
msgstr "No id"

Why don't you have "No id" directly in the translatable code? It would
make it a lot easier to translate.

If I import the pot file as is, Rosetta translators are not going to
know what to do with a string like "menu_tags_use" if they don't have an
additional look to your en.po.

If you change your app to do something like this, I think Rosetta will
be useful. If not, you're going to get a ton of horrible translations
I'm afraid.

Jordi
jordi at sindominio.net     jordi at debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/