PO download broken?

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at hut.fi
Fri Sep 9 14:50:11 CDT 2005

Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> The error I see from the logs is that the gaim .po file has the encoding
> set to 'latin-1' and seems like someone submitted a translation with a
> character that is not valid using the latin-1 encoding so we get an
> error when we try to recode it from unicode to latin-1.

That someone was me, using the rarely used Finnish š-character. Luckily
I guessed the reason was that, so I edited the string with Rosetta to
use just s - after this I was able to download the PO file! I now
converted the PO file to UTF-8 completely.

> Sorry, I was a bit busy..

Ok, no problem.

> Both seems to have that problem...

I had done the same change to both.

> 2.- Import a fi.po file from gaim without changing anything and setting
> the 'published' flag and be sure that the encoding of that file is
> 'UTF-8'. After the import is done, you should be able to download again
> that file without losing any translation (it's really important that you
> set the 'published' flag or the translations will be set to whatever
> the .po file has.

In this I'd have lost all the translation fixes I had done in Rosetta.

Thanks,
Timo