Hope for ku_TR locale?

Jordi Mallach jordi at canonical.com
Mon Oct 3 13:01:30 CDT 2005

Hey,

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 11:07:44AM +0100, Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> > last week Martin Pitt told me there was still "hope" for the ku_TR
> > locale for Kurdish. The new langpacks are a huge step forward, but
> > without the locale still they won't work in a basic installation. One
> > still has to install belocs-locales-data instead of locales.
> >
> > So, can we hope that ku_TR will be included into Breezy?
> Jordi, we said this would be taken care of.  Can you commit to getting
> the relevant locale information into Breezy?

It's on jbailey's queue. It looks like a GTK+ bug was holding jeff's
glibc upload with this and some other locale additions that I have been
requesting. Sébastien told Jeff he's clear to upload now, so ku_TR
should be available in Breezy RSN.

Erdal, with your next glibc update, tell us if anything else is missing.

Thanks!

Jordi
jordi at sindominio.net     jordi at debian.org     http://www.sindominio.net/