Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at canonical.com
Tue Nov 29 03:52:52 CST 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-20 at 18:40 +0100, Steffen Pingel wrote:
> Hi,

Hi

> [...]
> > At the moment, thre only way to do it is
> > to upload the PO files and flag them as being the same ones as are
> > currently published.
>
> Alright. The only drawback I have encountered (besides the slight effort it
> takes) is that the upload will add my name to the list of contributors,
> although I have never translated a single message.

It happens when the .po file does not contains the name of the last
translator of it's not valid.

Rosetta is supposed to fill the .po header with that information
correctly set, but seems like we have a bug and it's not being set as it
should: https://launchpad.net/products/rosetta/+bug/5159

I hope it will be fixed with next production update next week.

> BTW, the upload seems does not seem to be working at the moment. I have
> attached a comment to the corresponding bug report [1].

Look at the update of that bug. The problem is that we require a .pot to
accept the tarball. I will update the code so we don't need it anymore.

> > In future, if you are using Bazaar for revision
> > control (www.bazaar-ng.org) we will automatically monitor the branch and
> > keep the po files in sync automatically.
>
> That would have been my next question to ask :). I think that is a great idea
> as it will simplify the l10n process even more. Unfortunately I am hosting
> the source code on SourceForge which only offers CVS, but I have discovered
> that I can import the CVS sources into "Bazaar". Will the synchronization
> work with these imported sources as well?

Yes, that's the idea. If you register your CVS server on launchpad we
will do the sync and as soon as we start using the bazaar integration,
will see the updates from your CVS server.

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Ubuntu => http://www.ubuntu.com