Ubuntuguide.org translations

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at canonical.com
Wed May 18 03:35:03 CDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 01:03 +0100, Matthew east wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-05-17 at 16:55 -0700, Corey Burger wrote:
> > Cruising the forums, I can upon this:
> >
> > http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=35068
> >
> > We really need to bridge this divide. How do we reach out and get this
> > people contributing with us. And no, docbook/svn is not the answer.
>
> added a CC to Carlos, rosetta-users
>
> Carlos, is Rosetta a possibility for this? My view is that it is the
> best way we have to translate. People organising massive translations
> like this on a forum thread is a bit of a shame.

Well, the only way to use Rosetta to translate that is that you create
a .po file, if Corey says that docbook is not the answer I suppose it's
because the guide is not using it and thus is a bit complicate to get
a .po file for it...

So, the main requisite to get something imported into Rosetta is a .pot
file, if they are using .html directly it's a bit difficult to do it...

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Ubuntu Hoary (PowerPC)  => http://www.ubuntulinux.org