wordpress translations - problems/bugs in rosetta interface and

Matthew Thomas mpt at myrealbox.com
Fri May 6 01:17:13 CDT 2005

Paolo Brocco wrote:
> I'm writing here as it seems the only way to communicate and to ask for
> some assistance... I'm really  frustrated as whatever I want to do,
> working with Rosetta, trying to report bugs... DOES NOT WORK...

The Launchpad programmers are fixing the "system error" bugs as fast as
they can, but they've also got a lot of other work to do.

When you come across a system error, please check whether it's reported
in Malone already, and if it isn't, report it.
https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/malone/products/launchpad?searchtext=error
https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/malone/products/malone?searchtext=error
https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/malone/products/rosetta?searchtext=error

I'm not the sort of person who knows how to fix system errors myself,
but I am working on improving the "system error" page so that it
explains how to report a bug.

> 1) From this URL:
> https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/rosetta/products/wordpress/wordpress-1.5/+translate?languages=it_IT
>
> If i select "show untranslated items" and i click "change" i get: "A
> system error occurred."

Already reported.
<https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/malone/bugs/565>

> 3) I'm trying to report bugs, but the Malone/Launchpad interface is
> buggy, I always get "A system error occurred."
> I tried to add a comment to ther bug 214, and I got this error message:
>
> "An error occured.
> There are 1 input errors."

I think this bug has just been fixed; the fix should appear in
launchpad.ubuntu.com on Tuesday or so.

> 4) So maybe bugs 1) and 2) are the result of the system itself, what is
> the heart, what is the responsible of all the "A System error occured",
> is it Launchpad, or is it Malone?

Yes. :-) Malone, and the rest of Launchpad, and almost all other
non-trivial software projects, all have bugs in them. People are working
hard on fixing the bugs in Launchpad.

--
Matthew Thomas, Launchpad (and erstwhile WordPress) interface designer
http://mpt.net.nz/