info

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at canonical.com
Fri Jun 10 08:11:15 CDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-07 at 00:28 +0300, Nikola Kasabov wrote:
> Hello to everybody,

Hi, welcome.

> I'm new to rosetta and I'm intereseted where i can find
> information about why there are diffrent translations
> in upstream translations, when I search, and in
> Hoary templates. And is there need from new translation
> when new version of some program is released and some
> info about those branches?

I'm not sure I'm understanding you...

Hoary has a concrete version that could be older than latest release in
upstream, that means that upstream can have some differences with Hoary
in their templates. Also, sometimes, Ubuntu and Debian add some extra
strings that are not in upstream templates.

Then, we have the translations problem. Upstream continues the
translation work after Ubuntu freezes so, sometimes, we are missing
translations. We are looking into a way to get those translations
automatically included into Rosetta and we think it could be done soon.
About the changes in Rosetta that are not applied into upstream, that
depends completely on the translators, you, as a translator, should talk
with the upstream translator to coordinate your efforts so all
translations are reused. Perhaps it will change in the future, but at
this moment, there is no way to do it automatically.

I hope I answered all your questions.

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín