Newlines / pesky details

Thomas Mills Hinkle tmhinkle at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 09:54:28 CDT 2005

Every time I grab the latest PO files from rosetta, I have to go
through and fix 3 or 4 newlines for a number of the files to prevent
the following type of error:

de_DE.po:1191: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both begin with '\n'
de_DE.po:1198: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both begin with '\n'
de_DE.po:1603: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
de_DE.po:1714: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
de_DE.po:1797: `msgid' and `msgstr' entries do not both end with '\n'
msgfmt: found 5 fatal errors

It would be nice if rosetta could automatically fix this sort of
thing, making user entries agree with the translated strings in terms
of newlines at start and end.

Tom