sorting translation entries

Dafydd Harries daf at canonical.com
Fri Jan 21 14:34:15 CST 2005

Ar 02/01/2005 am 12:52, ysgrifennodd Valient Gough:

> I've been sorting my translation strings (POT file) in rough order by
> most desired translations first, so translators will see them first in
> Rosetta.  I don't know how Rosetta plans on dealing with sorting (if at
> all), so I'll describe how I've handled it for my project.

We've thought about adding support for guessing about how difficult a
string is to translate, based on things such as how long it is, whether
it has plural forms, whether it has variable substitutions etc.

The main disadvantage to this is that related messages are often (though
not always) near each other in the .pot file, and seeing related
messages together often helps in having a consisitent translation.

--
Dafydd