hello

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at canonical.com
Tue Jan 11 07:49:50 CST 2005

On Tue, 2005-01-11 at 15:18 +0200, Peter Damoc wrote:
> Hello all,

Hi

> I've looked at Rosetta, played a little with it... very nice BUT
> shouldn't there be a stand-alone app that would connect to the Rosetta server and maybe ease the translation?
> There are some things that are easier to do with a stand-alone app like navigating a long list.
>
> If there is interest in such an app I'm willing to put up some time help creating it ;)

We have it in our todo list, but we need to create the XML-RPC stuff so
the application is able to connect with the server and use the same
information Rosetta has atm.

Thanks for the interest, we will tell you more when we look close to
this feature.

> also... there should be a higher authority that should prioritise the translations, a wannabe translator should be guided to where he/she's input would help most. First let's get the Ubuntu CD translated then move to universe.

We are going to start importing all hoary packages into Rosetta soon. I
suppose we will also add some way to show the prioritization you talk
about in the UI. Any suggestion for it is welcomed.

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Ubuntu Warty (PowerPC)  => http://www.ubuntulinux.org