Introduction and idea

Mark Shuttleworth mark at canonical.com
Tue Jan 4 09:58:37 CST 2005

>>Second, I would give an idea. Wouldn't it be useful to have a small notepad-like box in
>>first page of each language? What I have in mind is to put notes visible to all the
>>translators, so we can use same criteria.
>>
>> I.e, when talking to 2nd person (you), you can use two different forms in Spanish and
>>Catalan, one is the most common, the other one is more... 'polite'. Then, if different
>>people start translating, they may use both forms, and that would result in a unconsistent
>>translation. A notepad in first page could tell which form is being used.
>>

>Hmmm, we are planning to implement a glossary per team and translation
>memories to improve the quality of the translations but a notepad-like
>box sounds also interesting, could you file a bug report about it at
>https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/malone so we don't lose it?

I think Dani is describing a "notes and messages" system more than a
glossary. Basically, he's saying that we need to allow translators the
ability to add a comment to a MsgID, and to see other comments on that
msgid. This is already allowed for in the data model, I just don't think
it has been implemented.

Dani, go ahead and file the bug, and feel free to cc me. Also, note that
it is already catered for in the data model in the bug description.

Cheers,
Mark