Introduction and idea

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at canonical.com
Tue Jan 4 08:15:43 CST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 11:26 +0100, Daniel Aguayo wrote:
> Hello!

Hi

> First of all, I want to introduce mysqlf. My name is Dani, and I'm currently translating a
> few lines of Gaim to catalan (don't worry, I'm better reading English than writing it ;-)

Welcomed.

> Second, I would give an idea. Wouldn't it be useful to have a small notepad-like box in
> first page of each language? What I have in mind is to put notes visible to all the
> translators, so we can use same criteria.
>
>  I.e, when talking to 2nd person (you), you can use two different forms in Spanish and
> Catalan, one is the most common, the other one is more... 'polite'. Then, if different
> people start translating, they may use both forms, and that would result in a unconsistent
> translation. A notepad in first page could tell which form is being used.

Hmmm, we are planning to implement a glossary per team and translation
memories to improve the quality of the translations but a notepad-like
box sounds also interesting, could you file a bug report about it at
https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/malone so we don't lose it?

Thanks.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín