Uploading POTs, Showing strings

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at canonical.com
Mon Jan 3 04:34:02 CST 2005

On Mon, 2005-01-03 at 11:08 +0100, Valient Gough wrote:

> Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:
> >Just remember that the po and pot file uploads takes some time to be
> >imported so it's a small delay since you upload them and when they
> >appear in Rosetta. As I suppose you already saw, it's ready to be
> >translated now.
> >

> Can this delay be reduced?  I would not call the delay 'slight'.  I
> uploaded a new french .po translation file nearly 24 hours ago, and the
> online display has not updated.
>
> Are your systems so overloaded with only a few projects?  Or is there
> human involvement necessary when a PO file is uploaded?

The delay should be only of between 1 to 10 minutes (sometimes less, it
depends on how big is the po file and the queue size) but there are
sometimes (like at this moment) that a bad import could affect other
imports (blocking them). We are working to fix that problem.

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Ubuntu Warty (PowerPC)  => http://www.ubuntulinux.org