Wrong denomination in the "Languages in Spain" box using Gallegan instead of Galician

Rafael Villar Burke pachi at mmn-arquitectos.com
Fri Feb 18 11:15:33 CST 2005

Carlos Perelló Marín wrote:

>> So, please, could you change this?. I've sent a similar request some
>> time ago, but with no result as it wasn't clear to whom should I
>> address to.
>

> I'm being really busy and didn't had time to answer some mails. I got
> this request already (sorry for not answer it before...)

Hey, you're doing a great job and in the pygtk meeting in the canonical
conference at Mataró I could see you work hard to keep all this
rocking!. It was just I didn't knew if the information got to the right
person!.

> The problem comes from the official iso codes names, they have that
> name there, that's why the Debian installer and Rosetta have the same
> problem, because both projects are using iso-codes as their language
> names source.
>
> Could you please request the same change to the iso organization?

I've already sent a mail requesting for a change to the iso spec. The
problem seems they have taken a weird entry in the Webster's Unabridged
dictionary from 1913 as reference and not some official source as the
Language Academy, some regional government organization or even the
current use on the Internet.

> The source where we got all that information:
> http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-2/englangn.html
>
> Cheers.
>
> P.S.: Will try to fix it in Rosetta next week.

Thank you very much,

Rafael Villar Burke