Is there a way to see what translations someone has done / can we automagically fill in 'translator-credits'?

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at canonical.com
Mon Apr 18 09:59:30 CDT 2005

Hi

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 07:42 -0400, Thomas Mills Hinkle wrote:
> Is there a way to see what translations a user has done recently? I
> recently saw a new translator had helped on my project and wanted to
> see what he'd done, but couldn't see a way to do so.

We have that information stored in our database, but we don't have any
way to show it to the user.

If you have any suggestion about how could we show it using a good UI,
please, add your comments/suggestions to:

http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/RosettaWishList

> Also, is there a way to automatically update the 'translator-credits'
> field to give credit to all contributors?

It's not implemented, but we have already that request:

https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/malone/bugs/116

Please, feel free to add extra comments there. The main problem I see
with it is that we need to hardcode a string that perhaps another
application wants to translate instead of use translator credits and
GNOME uses 'translator-credits', it was using before
'translator_credits' and if it changes again (don't think so, but it's a
possibility), we need to change the source code to the new "index".
Also, I don't know if KDE has a feature like that one and of course, if
we add support for GNOME's solution, we should do the same with KDE, and
any other project...

We are not saying NO to this feature, just want to listen more opinions
before taking a decision. Of course, the best solution would be that all
projects define it as a standard way to get the credits.

> Thanks in advance -- if neither of these features are implemented yet,
> I'd like to suggest them for the future.

Thank you for your suggestions.

> And btw, thanks for some awesome software -- it's pretty wonderful
> being able to respond to "can you support language X" requests with a
> simple "here's where you can help" link. Rosetta has already
> multiplied the number of translations for my own little app
> (http://grecipe-manager.sourceforge.net) many fold.

No, thank you for using Rosetta.

Cheers.

--