Italian language team

Carlos Perelló Marín carlos.perello at canonical.com
Tue Apr 12 09:31:54 CDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 22:06 +0100, Danilo Piazzalunga wrote:
> [CC'ing to the Italian team, because they may be interested too]
>
> Hello,

Hi

> I've looked at the PO files for the Italian language generated by Rosetta, and
> I noticed some glitches.
>
> First, the Language-Team address for Italian (it) should be:
>
>   "Language-Team: Italian <tp at lists.linux.it>\n"

We don't have an easy way to change it unless is changed in the .po file
and uploaded again into Rosetta but will add a way to solve it in the
future.

> Then, there is no such "Italian (Italy)" it_IT team[1]. But, in spite of this,
> some projects (Bazaar, for example) are starting to get translated also for
> it_IT, leading to an unnecessary duplication of efforts. Is there a way to
> let eager contributors know the "right" locale they should pick?

Not yet:

https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/malone/bugs/16

> And, finally, is there a way to tell contributors "please get in touch with
> the team ml, in order to coordinate efforts, getting reviews, etc."?

Not yet:

https://launchpad.ubuntu.com/malone/bugs/87

> Best Regards,
> Danilo

We are working hard improving Rosetta, please, feel free to suggest any
other change you want to see to improve Rosetta.

Cheers.

--
Carlos Perelló Marín
Ubuntu Hoary (PowerPC)  => http://www.ubuntulinux.org