How are rosetta translation updates merged back into upstream .po?

Frederik Dannemare frederik at dannemare.net
Sat Apr 2 14:30:44 CST 2005

On Saturday 02 April 2005 22:00, Frederik Dannemare wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just began translating a little last night via rosetta.
>
> I noticed for example "Kaffeine" as one of the apps to translate. Now
> I have already translated Kaffeine (and do it for every release), but
> I was wondering:
>
> Let's say I missed ten strings on my last upload to the upstream
> author of Kaffeine and now somebody else translates those ten strings
> via rosetta - how will that translation update merge with my upstream
> translation? I mean, it would be a waste of time if that other
> person's work never showed up in the upstream .po.

Also, since the Ubuntu installer is pretty much d-i, what happens to my
translation updates of d-i stuff? Will these updates ever reach d-i's
svn repository? If not, Claus Hindsgaul (main Danish Debian translator)
and I will be doing *a lot* of duplicate work. This goes for all other
languages as well, of course.

B/R,
Frederik Dannemare | mailto:frederik at dannemare.net
http://frederik.dannemare.net | http://www.linuxworlddomination.dk
Key fingerprint = 30CF 7AD3 17D9 1A63 A730  ECA6 0D4C 2C97 9D9A 238E