[ubuntu/precise] update-notifier 0.119ubuntu7 (Accepted)
martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 13 16:16:17 UTC 2012
update-notifier (0.119ubuntu7) precise; urgency=low
* Use <proto>_proxy environment variables to choose the proxy to use for
data downloads, not the apt proxy settings, because apt may be
configured to point at a package-specific proxy. This makes proxy
configuration a little less convenient than before for the
flashplugin-installer package, but it at least it makes it possible to
have a different proxy setting for packages vs. arbitrary data
downloads, which otherwise we don't have any way to support.
* Stop processing after a fatal download error, not just a transient one,
so that we can't be tricked into feeding a partial list of files to a
handler. Thanks to Kees Cook for spotting the bug. LP: #979426.
* Flush stdout before calling subprocess, so that log output makes more
* Print a more meaningful status message when downloading, instead of just
a bare URL.
* Check for existence of /usr/lib/update-notifier/package-data-downloader
before trying to run it from our cron job, so that the package doesn't
generate error messages when removed but not purged.
* The action for our notification should call gksu instead of trying to
run the command directly without root access. This is imperfect because
kubuntu won't have gksudo available by default, but it's an improvement
over failing for everybody. LP: #976761.
Date: 2012-04-13 04:10:49.062970+00:00
Changed-By: Steve Langasek <steve.langasek at canonical.com>
Maintainer: Michael Vogt <michael.vogt at ubuntu.com>
Signed-By: Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com>
-------------- next part --------------
Sorry, changesfile not available.
More information about the Precise-changes