[ubuntu/natty-updates] postgresql-8.4 8.4.14-0ubuntu11.04 (Accepted)
martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Mon Oct 1 13:20:32 UTC 2012
postgresql-8.4 (8.4.14-0ubuntu11.04) natty-proposed; urgency=low
* New upstream bug fix release: (LP: #1055944)
- Fix planner's assignment of executor parameters, and fix executor's
rescan logic for CTE plan nodes.
These errors could result in wrong answers from queries that scan
the same WITH subquery multiple times.
- Improve page-splitting decisions in GiST indexes.
Multi-column GiST indexes might suffer unexpected bloat due to this
- Fix cascading privilege revoke to stop if privileges are still held.
If we revoke a grant option from some role "X", but "X" still holds
that option via a grant from someone else, we should not
recursively revoke the corresponding privilege from role(s) "Y"
that "X" had granted it to.
- Fix handling of SIGFPE when PL/Perl is in use.
Perl resets the process's SIGFPE handler to SIG_IGN, which could
result in crashes later on. Restore the normal Postgres signal
handler after initializing PL/Perl.
- Prevent PL/Perl from crashing if a recursive PL/Perl function is
redefined while being executed.
- Work around possible misoptimization in PL/Perl.
Some Linux distributions contain an incorrect version of
"pthread.h" that results in incorrect compiled code in PL/Perl,
leading to crashes if a PL/Perl function calls another one that
throws an error.
Date: 2012-09-25 05:40:12.168726+00:00
Changed-By: Martin Pitt <martin.pitt at ubuntu.com>
-------------- next part --------------
Sorry, changesfile not available.
More information about the Natty-changes