Transferring the delegation of Ubuntu Membership for development activities from the MOTU Council to the Developer Membership Board

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Fri Jan 8 10:41:35 GMT 2010

On 23.12.2009 18:35, Emmet Hikory wrote:
>     As this matter is an explicit delegation by the Community Council,
> I would like to ask that the appropriate body to whom to delegate the
> administration of the ~universe-contributors team on Launchpad,
> representing Contributing Developers to Ubuntu, and itself a member of
> the ~ubuntumembers team on Launchpad be reviewed.  My personal thought
> is that it would be appropriate to transfer this delegation to the
> Developer Membership Board shortly after the conclusion of the
> upcoming DMB selection process, but this does not represent the
> official position of any of the affected bodies.
>
>     Thank you for your consideration of this matter.
>
> 1: Minutes at https://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2009-December/029841.html

The change sounds good to me, I'm also in support of just granting the
DMB admin rights for ~ubuntumembers and move current
~universe-contributors members to ~ubuntumembers instead. It looks like
there's no need for a separate team.

Let's get this done as soon as the new DMB is elected.

Have a great day,
 Daniel