application: main upload rights for xserver-xorg-video-geode

Daniel Holbach daniel.holbach at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 9 09:45:54 BST 2009

Am Dienstag, den 25.08.2009, 12:41 +0300 schrieb Martin-Éric Racine:
> I'll be showing up at the August 27th MOTU Council meeting to apply
> for the following:
>
> upload rights to main (xserver-xorg-video-geode)
> upload rights to universe (cups-pdf, upgrade-system)
>
> My wiki page is at:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MartinEricRacine

You mentioned your dislike for some of Ubuntu's bureaucracy before. I
just had a look at a few of your bug reports... some of them a bit
older:

      * Syncs that weren't checked:
              * https://launchpad.net/bugs/417518
              * https://launchpad.net/bugs/397363
      * No sponsor subscription:
              * https://launchpad.net/bugs/421790
              * https://launchpad.net/bugs/66823
              * https://launchpad.net/bugs/66822
              * https://launchpad.net/bugs/66821
              * https://launchpad.net/bugs/61427
      * Pointless sync:
              * https://launchpad.net/bugs/280157
              * https://launchpad.net/bugs/130618
              * https://launchpad.net/bugs/120203
      * Freeze problems:
              * https://launchpad.net/bugs/241803
              * https://launchpad.net/bugs/193746
              * https://launchpad.net/bugs/132105
              * https://launchpad.net/bugs/130620
              * https://launchpad.net/bugs/65972
      * Build not tested:
              * https://launchpad.net/bugs/219109

Don't get me wrong: I'm not blaming your for making mistakes, we all do
and if you have a look in Launchpad, you'll see that I did quite a few
myself. Also am I not blaming you for preferring to "just" sync your
changes from Debian.

What I do wonder is how well you feel yourself connected to the Ubuntu
Development team and how well you think you're up to date on processes,
freezes and everything we assume that Ubuntu Developers should know.

Also I'm interested to hear what you think should be easier and what
your suggestions for change are.

Have a great day,
 Daniel