application: main upload rights for xserver-xorg-video-geode

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 3 16:48:55 BST 2009

2009/9/3 Richard JOHNSON <nixternal at ubuntu.com>:
> On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 12:41:26PM +0300, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> I'll be showing up at the August 27th MOTU Council meeting to apply
>> for the following:
>>
>> upload rights to main (xserver-xorg-video-geode)
>> upload rights to universe (cups-pdf, upgrade-system)
>
> So, are you going for Per Package Upload rights only, or are you going for
> MOTU?

Please see my reply to Daniel Holbach.  I'm going for MOTU, but I'll
also need PPU for xserver-xorg-video-geode, which is in main.

> If you are going for MOTU, do you plan on working on other packages besides
> the 2 that you listed?

I occasionally submit patches to other packages, whenever I encounter
a bug that I can fix. I'm also loosely involved in various teams
(lubuntu, X, apt-zeroconf), where I commit changes every once in a
while.

> On the upload rights for -geode, I don't see many problems as it seems from
> the comments you have been doing a good job on it. How about bug reports,
> how are you handling those?

I'm fairly quick at acknowledging new bugs and asking initial
questions, but the cause for any particular bug sometimes escapes me
for ages, especially if it specifically affects Geode variants for
which I lack hardware to test with. This was the case with the ongoing
GX2 crash issues that was just fixed a couple of days ago.

Martin-Éric