Søren Hansen and Michael Bienia

Stefan Potyra stefan.potyra at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Sat Oct 31 01:58:21 GMT 2009

Hi,

Am Friday 30 October 2009 17:30:44 schrieb Benj. Mako Hill:
> Martin Pitt has apparently recently extended the terms of Søren Hansen
> and Michael Bienia by 3 months.
>
> As folks should know by now, there's a recently executed plan to split
> developer membership out from the TB into a new developer membership
> board (DMB) and a plan to merge the DMB with the MC or work out some
> sort of other arrangement.  For a reasons related to the release and
> archive restructuring, a bunch of things are still up in the air.
>
> Rather than run an election for a position that may disappear in the
> next couple months, the CC, DMB, Søren, and Michael talked about this
> and agreed to a 3 month extension of their terms on the MOTU Council to
> give everyone involved some time to make the decisions and changes that
> are necessary and figure out the process by which the MC/DMB seats will
> be filled.  As soon as it's clear what needs to happen, we will run
> elections.
>
> I'm sure someone will correct me if I've managed to screw that up. :)

yep, you screwed up, at least in my eyes :P ;).

First off, such an announcement won't reach a large number of developers
unless sent to e.g. ubuntu-motu or ubuntu-devel (@l.u.c). CC'ing ubuntu-motu
and keeping the complete original text for reference.

That aside, I find it very interesting and disturbing that membership of
otherwise voted upon boards are (as it occurs to me from this mail) prolonged
by the will of one developer. Maybe you can clear up what happened? Did that
happen on request of the community council? Or was it that tech board
interfered here? And if either, on what basis? Or anything else I just didn't
get?

Cheers,
  Stefan.