Søren Hansen and Michael Bienia

Benj. Mako Hill mako at atdot.cc
Fri Oct 30 16:30:44 GMT 2009

Martin Pitt has apparently recently extended the terms of Søren Hansen
and Michael Bienia by 3 months.

As folks should know by now, there's a recently executed plan to split
developer membership out from the TB into a new developer membership
board (DMB) and a plan to merge the DMB with the MC or work out some
sort of other arrangement.  For a reasons related to the release and
archive restructuring, a bunch of things are still up in the air.

Rather than run an election for a position that may disappear in the
next couple months, the CC, DMB, Søren, and Michael talked about this
and agreed to a 3 month extension of their terms on the MOTU Council to
give everyone involved some time to make the decisions and changes that
are necessary and figure out the process by which the MC/DMB seats will
be filled.  As soon as it's clear what needs to happen, we will run

I'm sure someone will correct me if I've managed to screw that up. :)

Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at atdot.cc

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto