Tribes and their demise

Matthew East mdke at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 3 10:40:08 GMT 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 10:27 AM, Iain Lane <laney at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> The MC list is public. I've always subscribed to it for interest. Also,
> I see no reason why this discussion should not be public. What were
> your thoughts here? This is something which is going to affect what is
> currently MOTU in a massive way, and it is right that the whole
> community should be able to get involved with the discussion.

Ok, I hadn't understood that the MC list is public. I'm not too
concerned either way frankly - I certainly think this is a discussion
that will need to have input from the MOTU community sooner or later
but wasn't sure whether it was sufficiently evolved to have got to
that stage. I certainly feel rather uninformed about the subject.
Anyway:

> I think it would be worthwile for the MC to lead a consultation of
> sorts on this issue (this thread would be a good start) and then to
> discuss what the future is going to look like with the CC/TB as
> appropriate. Does this sound like a reasonable idea?

Sounds good to me.

--
Matthew East
http://www.mdke.org