Søren Hansen and Michael Bienia

Benj. Mako Hill mako at atdot.cc
Mon Nov 2 19:47:45 GMT 2009

<quote who="Morten Kjeldgaard" date="Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 07:44:40PM +0100">
> >Everyone involved values the community. If you doubt that, we have
> >very serious problems.
>
> Unfortunately, a few minutes after posting the above statement, Stefan
> sent an email to u-m saying he's no longer sure if he wants to be
> involved with Ubuntu Development. I'm not sure if these things are
> connected, but given the timestamps it's certainly possible.

Obviously, that certainly wasn't the point. I value Stefan's
contribution deeply and I know others do to.

And I believe everyone reading this message values the community deeply.
If they didn't, they wouldn't have committed as much time and energy to
these issues and to these conversation as they have. I think this this
level of recognition, and the trust it builds, is an important type of
faith we should hold in each other.

> It's in everybodys good interest to maintain a high level of
> information and discussion, and since everybody has stated that they
> have no problem with the actual outcome of the decision, that should
> pose no problem. What is relevant is that everybodys desire to be "in
> the loop" is satisfied.

I agree completely. And I've said so repeatedly. I think everyone
involved does. We've stated our commitment to transparency in the Code
of Conduct.  Mistakes were and things were communicated either as well
or much as would be ideal. Let's learn from this and move on.

Regards,
Mako

--
Benjamin Mako Hill
mako at atdot.cc
http://mako.cc/

Creativity can be a social contribution, but only in so far
as society is free to use the results. --GNU Manifesto