MC Discussion Topic: MOTU Release Team Charter

Soren Hansen soren at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 19 12:23:32 GMT 2009

On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 12:21:36PM -0500, Richard A. Johnson wrote:
> Please disregard prior email at this time due to conflicts and ongoing
> discussion in #ubuntu-motu right now.

I've read the IRC logs, and I really don't see the problem.

The MOTU Release team was asked to come up with a schedule by March
18th, 1200 UTC.  That's it. Just a schedule. Not a final charter
proposal. A simple schedule for the proposal, discussion, and
ratification of the charter. Failing to do so, the MC saw no other way
than to simply set a schedule. I think this falls neatly under "[The
MOTU council] will supervise policy decisions done by the MOTU team."
Policy decisions were failing to be made, so the MC supervised a tiny
bit and set a schedule. We're not trying to impose on the contents of
the schedule (indeed, that is a decision for the MOTU team at large),
just trying to make sure that decisions are actually made.

--
Soren Hansen                 |
Lead Virtualisation Engineer | Ubuntu Server Team