Minutes of the 2009 March 4th MOTU Council Meeting

Emmet Hikory persia at ubuntu.com
Thu Mar 5 10:06:58 GMT 2009

Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> Oh, so this wasn't a "public" MOTU Council meeting, but a MOTU Council call (or
> whatever it's called).

    Precisely.  I suspect we ought rationalise the nomenclature at some
point, and will put it on the agenda for next Wednesday.

    Essentially, MOTU Council has a regular weekly meeting for
discussion of any issues currently of interest.  This is essentially a
forum for coordination, and we avoid taking decisions on any matters
before the Council exclusively in these meetings (although we often take
decisions on actions to be taken by MOTU Council for general issues, or
to assign specific actions to specific council members for implementation).

    As this coordination did not result in sufficiently timely response
by all members of MOTU Council to issues raised for discussion or
decision (most notably pending applications), there is now an additional
meeting twice monthly, to which all are invited, at which MOTU Council
will take decision on those items on the agenda.  This is essentially a
forum for final review and decision: issues should still be raised to
MOTU Council either through this mailing list, or, if the details are
considered sensitive in some way, to any MOTU Council member individually.

    In the case of issues raised privately, we make every effort to
resolve them directly, or if this proves unworkable, to either raise
them in a general way for wider discussion or provide guidance on the
appropriate procedures for escalation.

--
Emmet HIKORY