i ask you to remove that game which it calls "*ver god"

Stefan Potyra stefan.potyra at informatik.uni-erlangen.de
Fri Jul 10 20:46:01 BST 2009

Am Friday 10 July 2009 16:07:42 schrieb Scott Kitterman:
[..]

> >> If the game is offensive to him, nobody is denying him the right to
> >> remove it from him system (or not installing it at all).
> >
> >yes, I see this point of view also :)
> >
> >How often does an issue of this nature arise?
>
> I understand this is the first time for something not installed by default.

yes and no, if you consider the hotbabe incident (iirc, it wasn't allowed to
enter the archive in the first place in debian though, and was later denied
to enter the ubuntu archive due to the controversial nature. Btw.: Note that
electricsheep (as iirc has been in the archive!) imho somewhat topped that
controversial nature later... but was then disabled or s.th., don't recall
the details though)

P.S.: Reading this thread (an the prior discussion on -motu), I still must
admit that I fail to see what its all about:
a) Isn't it proper in English to capitalize titles? (native speakers, please
enlighten me ;))
b) The term "Over God" seems to refers to the in game plot,
reading /usr/share/doc/overgod/readme.txt.gz. What's offensive with this?
c) We're past DebianImportFreeze, and really should worry to get bugs down,
not about one request of one individual to remove a package, which  he/she
thinks to be offensive. If there'd be more who are taking offense by the
game, there'd be a bug report with lots of comments and subscribers. (the
only one is "no sound"!).

Cheers,
   Stefan.