i ask you to remove that game which it calls "*ver god"

Stefan Lesicnik stefan at lsd.co.za
Fri Jul 10 05:47:51 BST 2009

On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 11:26 PM,
Siegfried-Angel<siggi.gevatter at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2009/7/9 Dustin Kirkland <dustin.kirkland at gmail.com>:
>> See the attached patch, which fixes 8 "offensive" references.  Would
>> this simple solution allay the concerned parties?
>
> I oppose to this patch as it is not only censoring the application but
> making it lose meaning ("got Mode!"? What "Mode" have you got?).

The patch is 'god' as opposed to 'God'. (ie. 'god mode').  While I
agree totally with Dustin re not caring, this patch does seem like a
sane solution that will just make those that care happy (maybe), and
those that dont care, well who cares.

The only thing I guess we need to worry about is precedent, as we
don't want to go through the whole archive changing stuff to suit
individual people or groups. Although, like removals this would be
done on a case by case / bug report basis. Even better if the offended
party would provide the patch.

> If the game is offensive to him, nobody is denying him the right to
> remove it from him system (or not installing it at all).

yes, I see this point of view also :)

How often does an issue of this nature arise?

Stefan