Core Developer application for Michael Casadevall (NCommander/sonicmctails)

Michael Bienia michael at vorlon.ping.de
Thu Feb 5 13:12:51 GMT 2009

On 2008-12-23 20:08:56 -0500, Michael Casadevall wrote:
> I'm writing today to apply for Core Developer status in Ubuntu.

I'm pretty certain that you have the technical skills needed by a
core-dev. But there are also this discerningly comments from your
sponsors which I can't dismiss. The rushing from you, some of your
sponsors mentioned, is also not a point I except from core-devs.

> As for recent uploads I'm proud of, the list is short but sweet.

As you said that you are a generalist, this short list makes it hard to
review your judgement on changes targeted for main. Either you didn't
have many sponsored uploads to main or your changes were included with
other changes from your sponsors and therefore doesn't show up on your
package list on LP. Either way, from the information I have currently
available I'm not able to make a judgement on your judgement.
As a generalist you might need to touch packages from several groups, so
I expect a good judgement from you. The best way to prove this is a
(longish) list of touched packages.

So my vote is: -1.

In case you need to reapply:
Try to lose this rushing, this is not a race. A list of 10 good uploads
makes a better impression than 15 uploads where 5 where to fix small
mistakes because of rushing. I don't expect from you to get perfect.
Mistakes happen now and then (no problem), but this shouldn't happen to
often.

Not becoming core-dev now shouldn't stop you from working on packages
in main. The sponsoring to main is sometimes a little bit slow but
functioning.

Michael