MOTU Application for Guillaume Martres (smarter)

Guillaume Martres smarter3 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 14:30:04 BST 2008

Dear MOTU Council,

After some pressures from my sponsors, I finally had guts to apply for MOTU, so
here it is ;)

I've been using Ubuntu for three years now and got involved in Kubuntu
development last year. I started by contributing some patches[1] and after
learning more about packaging, uploaded new packages to REVU. I now have a
pretty solid knowledge of packaging and  try to help others when possible,
I've also recently gained KDE SVN access and I'm now both an upstream and a
downstream developer :).

Some packages I've made and some uploads:
- kde4-style-bespin, one of the packages I've made
- desktop-effects-kde 0.4.1
- extremetuxracer, because I don't only do Qt/KDE packages ;)
- devscripts 2.10.26ubuntu5, thanks to Paul Sladen for his help
- kvkbd 0.5.99-0ubuntu1, I ported kvkbd from kde3 to kde4 to reduce the number
of Qt3 apps in Kubuntu 8.10, I also refreshed the packaging

I'm a big fan of cdbs and the use of vcs for packaging[2], but that's probably
because we only use that in Medibuntu ;)

I've CCed my principal sponsors and would like to thank them a lot for the
help, feedback, support and motivation they gave me. I also want to thank all
the Ubuntu Developers for there work and for the amazing community we have.

My Launchpad page: https://launchpad.net/~smarter
My wiki page: http://wiki.ubuntu.com/GuillaumeMartres

I'll be glad to answer any question you have.

Cheers,
Guillaume Martres

[1] - like the fix to this annoying bug:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/kdebase/+bug/57666
[2] - https://code.launchpad.net/~smarter/