Core-Dev application for Mario Limonciello (superm1)

Mario Limonciello superm1 at ubuntu.com
Mon Sep 15 19:51:10 BST 2008

Hi Michael:

I'm familiar with the types of freezes (UI, Feature, & Milestone).  I've had
plenty of experience having to deal with FFe for features.  The last two
releases I've been delegated to control what types of things pass through
the Mythbuntu project for FFe's rather than motu-release.  By the virtue of
the type of work that I've been doing, I've not had to deal with UI freeze
at all.  I understand it's main purpose is to give documentation teams
enough time to do screenshots and write documentation for the different
packages.

I've not worked on any bugs that were directly milestoned for release, so
whenever milestone freeze was active, I've just deferred uploads until it
was complete.

Whenever doing an upload, I've been referring back to the Intrepid release
schedule [1] to make sure that I'm not off by a few days getting close to
another freeze.  I've also made sure to double check that I hit all the
bullet points on the process lists [2] when doing FFe's.

[1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidReleaseSchedule
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess

Regards

--