Universe Contributors Application for Michael Casadevall (NCommander/sonicmctails)

Emanuele Gentili emgent at ubuntu.com
Fri Sep 5 19:17:12 BST 2008

Michael Casadevall ha scritto:
> To the MOTU Council,
>
> I'm writing today to apply for Ubuntu Universe Contributor's status,
> I've been involved in the Ubuntu community for a little under two
> months, and have been working on handing mostly FTBFS fixes, the
> gnat-4.2 Hardy transition, Launchpad integration with REVU, Hardy
> backports, Ubuntuwire, archive rebuilds, Xubuntu Xfce snapshot
> packaging and seed management, GNOME updates, KDE portability fixes,
> and general packaging tasks. My intent is not to brag, but simply to
> list that I don't work in one specific section, but I act as a jack of
> all trades, being able to do any task that is needed to help improve
> Ubuntu.
>
> Anyway, I'm an active Xubuntu developer, and I've done some work in
> packaging the current set of Xfce snapshots which will become the
> basis of future releases, and I am a REVU hacker and administrator,
> having given it most of its current look and feel (for better or
> worse), and modifying it to support on-demand key syncing removing the
> need for the REVU uploaders group, and having single signon between
> REVU and Launchpad via OpenID. I'm a backport tester, and I have done
> some work in lighting up the current backport queues by testing them
> all in bulk.
>
> I'm a Debian New Maitaniner (P&P is completed, T&S is half done,
> waiting on T&S2), and I'm active on the Debian m68k port as a release
> manager for our unoffical lenny m68k release on Debian Ports, and I
> maintain two packages in Debian, with two more in the NEW queue
> (code::blocks, and pangomm, the former accepted in intrepid, and the
> later in the NEW queue).
>
> As for the future of Ubuntu, I've been interested in doing porting and
> security work for Ubuntu, and I have a strange dream to port Ubuntu to
> the Motorola 680x0, but at the moment, its just a dream, with no
> serious intent. I do wish to see Ubuntu's ports extended to the full
> range of Debian architectures, and even beyond that, such as SH4 or
> m32r.
>
> My Launchpad Page: https://edge.launchpad.net/~sonicmctails
> My Wiki Page: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/MichaelCasadevall
>
> I've notified some of my major sponsors:
>
> Scott Kitterman (ScottK)
> Steve Kowalik (StevenK)
> Cody Somerville (cody-somerville)
> Sebastien Bacher (seb128)
> Luca Falavigna (dktrkranz)
> Kees Cook (kees)
> Nathan Handler (nhandler)
>
> Michael

Plus one for me, Michael is very active developer in the community.
I sponsored some FTBFS fix, and him work is very nice.

Cheers,

Emanuele
--
Emanuele Gentili                      | http://launchpad.net/~emgent
emgent at ubuntu.com                     | Ubuntu Security Developer

Key fingerprint: F4B7 0793 069A 217E BB9F 8925 E0AC 34C2 2201 1E9A
gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 22011E9A