Upload permission for Romain Francoise for 'emacs-snapshot'

Emmet Hikory persia at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 3 17:56:39 BST 2008

Mark Shuttleworth wrote:
> I think we should ask the MOTU Council and Tech Board to comment, and see
> what sort of guidelines they would like to establish for someone who is
> clearly technically competent (a DD and/or an upstream in the relevant
> package) to participate in a specific package in Ubuntu.

    MOTU Council is still thinking about how we might handle such
requests, and doesn't yet have any consensus on a working model.
We're hoping to develop a draft in the next couple weeks, but it may
be best to defer directly to the Technical Board until we have been
able to structure some of our ideas.

    Additionally, while MOTU Council would be unsurprised for the
Technical Board to delegate either the administration or management of
these requests to us at some future point, it is surprising (and
welcome) to see an invitation for input so soon.  On behalf of both
myself and my colleagues, I'd like to apologise for our current lack
of preparation.

--
Emmet HIKORY