motu-release will revert libgems-ruby to the old state.

Cesare Tirabassi norsetto at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 3 13:19:00 BST 2008

On Wednesday 03 September 2008 13:47:21 Soren Hansen wrote:

> >> The team owner is MOTU Council. What would you like to see instead of
> >> "This team takes care of approving and denying Feature Freeze
> >> exceptions for Universe and Multiverse."?
> >
> > Its not up to me to say what I like or I don't like,
>
> Sure it is. Your opinion is as valid as anyone's. That is not to say
> that your suggestion will replace the current one verbatim, but I really
> prefer not to have the MC dictate a particular wording.

OK, let me try to recap, we had a discussion during a MOTU meeting, followed
by a discussion on the motu mailing list, followed by this very discussion.
What else do we need, do we need to vote on each and every single issue or the
MC can take stock of the discussions that already took place  and assume the
responsibility for which the MOTU community delegated it?
Either you (MC) take this responsibility now or you don't, we go through
another endless loop of discussions where we agreed that, yes, in principle
we all believe that is a good thing, but, oh well, can we discuss this a bit
more, etc. etc. (until hopefully the stack goes into overflow).
If this is the idea of leadership that the MC wants to communicate I'd rather
we dispense with the MC alltogether.

> > I don't know if you realise how bad it is that Soren (an MC member)
> > has to publically request that a de-facto situation should be
> > officially blessed.
>
> Perhaps I don't. Exactly how bad is it? I prefer a council that actually
> discusses things with the community instead of just making random
> assumptions about what the community thinks and believes. Much like I
> prefer a motu-release team that actually checks if they have authority
> to take such drastic steps before they just assume that they do. Heck,
> if they had asked the MC we might even have said "yes", but alas..

I was under the impression that this was the case, eg. that MC was well aware
and agreed that this was the right course of action.
What you are telling me now instead is that "some member of motu-release" had
discussed and agreed with "some member of the motu council".

So, its not bad, its worse.

Cesare