Core-Dev application for Mario Limonciello (superm1)

Martin Pitt martin.pitt at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 2 07:30:00 BST 2008

Hello MOTU council,

Mario Limonciello [2008-08-30 17:42 -0500]:
> I'd like to apply to become and Ubuntu Core Developer.

I have worked with Mario for quite a long time now. I can assert that
he is truly dedicated to the project, both from his personal projects
like Mythbuntu, and his work-related projects (hardware enablement).
I sponsored a few bug fixes for him, including rather complicated
SRUs, he knows his way through the installer (rescueing Alpha 4
desktop CDs), and Alberto and him did an outstanding job of converting
the restricted video drivers to a sane packaging. I was also involved
in a lot of technical discussions with him.

I have no doubts about his technical skills, and based on them and his
continuing engagement I would welcome him to the core-dev ranks.

However, I am unable to judge whether he knows the procedural rules
inside out, like all of the freezes, what to do during alpha and beta
releases, and so on. I guess he does have experience with that by
virtue of working on Mythbuntu, but I cannot vouch for this part.

Thanks,

Martin