Universe Contributors Application for Charlie Smotherman (porthose)

Siegfried Gevatter (RainCT) rainct at ubuntu.com
Thu Oct 23 19:19:31 BST 2008

Although I don't know Charlie much, I've worked enough with him to be
able to say that he is indeed an enthusiastic contributor. I want to
highlight the fact that he is helping out with tasks which others
perhaps don't consider as exciting as packaging, but which surely are
necessary. Here I'm talking about his work at the Mentoring Reception,
but there's still more places where he is contributing.

In fact, he was the only one to answer to my mails as REVU
Coordinator, and asked if he could be of any help. Recently he has
been poking me about near a dozen packages which could be archived,
helping to keep REVU clean (reason why I finally rewrote the
permissions stuff in REVU to separate moderation and advocation
privilegies, and gave him Moderator status).

He is, and I'm sure will continue being, very beneficial to the Ubuntu
project :). Therefore, here is my +1 to his application.

Ubuntu Developer. Debian Contributor.