No subject

Thu Nov 13 10:41:28 GMT 2008

Also I have tried to port/forward the fixes we do in Ubuntu to Debian
as appropriate.[7][8] One of the major work in this area has been
putting 'electric', which was updated in Ubuntu, back into pkg-java
svn.[9] I plan to continue working in this area.

Plans as MOTU:
1. Improve the state of java packages, keep them well maintained and
improve collaboration between Debain and Ubuntu on java front.
2. Optimization of java stack, specifically reducing duplication in libraries.
3. Packaging more applications/libraries that will make a java developer happy.
4. Get more involved in package reviews and developer sessions.

Plans for Jaunty cycle:
1. Kill sun-java5-*. Since we already have Sun's Java 6 ("the perfect
java") and OpenJDK ("not so perfect java") there is no point keeping
Java 5. This will involve fixing packages that have hard build/runtime
dependencies on java 5 packages. The task is simplified by the fact
that Debian is already moving many packages to OpenJDK.
2. Some important updates/additions like struts, jsf, jmeter if possible.
3. Help Thierry Carrez with his maven plan.

Major sponsors:
- Emmet Hikory (persia)
- Michael Biena (geser)
- Matvey Kozhev (LucidFox)