core-dev application for Stefan Potyra (sistpoty)

Cesare Tirabassi norsetto at ubuntu.com
Mon May 12 09:38:21 BST 2008

On Sunday 11 May 2008 00:36:30 Stefan Potyra wrote:

> I'd like to apply for core-dev.

Even though I feel it is quite needless, I 'd like to say few words about
Stefan.

Not just because he was my first sponsor (and a tough one to be pleased at
that) but because in the time I have been with this community I have seen him
always working hard to try to improve things, both fixing problems in the
archive and for the community itself (not just in his work as a counsellor or
maximum motu inquisitor).
If it was not for his (and Scott) work in the late motu-sru team we would not
have had the same amount of successfully processed sru.
Working together with him in the motu-sru team made me appreciate his
technical sharpness and his commitment to "make things better".
Whenever I have a doubt or a question about shared libraries, I know Stefan is
there ready to answer or elucidate me.
He will be a great core-dev (everybody is surprised he is not already), one I
know will be available to help and sponsor lowlier MOTUs or contributors
whenever they would dare to propose fixes for main packages.

I trust the MC will fully support his proposal,

Cesare