My application for "Ubuntu Universe Contributors"

Emanuele Gentili emgent at emanuele-gentili.com
Wed May 7 15:02:03 BST 2008

Dear MOTU Council,

Please consider my application to become a Universe Contributor.

https://edge.launchpad.net/~emgent
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/emgent

I live in Orvieto, a small city in Italy, near Rome, with medieval
origins. At the moment I work in the web-apps coding branch and as a
journalist in an Italian linux magazine called Linux PRO. Also, I
teach in ICT formation courses. My main hobbies are: IT-Security, Free
Software, politics and folk music.

I joined Ubuntu on July 2005 with 5.04 "Hoary", but I started to
contribute in September 2007. I created an account (2007-11-09) on
launchpad and later in forums to give support to people and community.

I'm working to the Ubuntu Motu-Swat [0],  Ubuntu White Hat [1] (I'm
coordinator), Ubuntu Server [2], Ubuntu Italia Developers [3] and Ubuntu
Hardened [4]. My speciality is "ubuntu security" (auditing), I examined
REVU, launchpad, Soyuz, and ubuntu.com and I found more security
issue, now fixed [5].

I started contributing to MOTU community[6] with security bug fix
(mailman, libcdio,
phpmyadmin, vlc, lighttpd, libnet-dns-perl, horde3, cacti, audit,
sympa, smarty, drupal5
and more..), security auditing (phpbb[7] and more..), merge, sync, SRU
bug fix and
packaging for my personal PPA (doop and deluxebb ready for intrepid
and i`m working to grsecurity).

In the future, I would like to focus in Security for develope Ubuntu
WhiteHat team (and anteater [8]), help in other SecurityTeam branch,
and maintain  packages.

CCing my sponsors and I would say at them a big "Thank You" for their
feedbacks:

Kees Cook
Jamie Strandboge
Stephan Hermann