My MOTU Application #2

Stephan Hermann sh at
Tue Mar 18 15:28:52 GMT 2008

Jamie Strandboge wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Mar 2008, Emanuele Gentili wrote:
>> Since 2008-02-18 I reviewed many hardy and previous releases packages,
>> working in
>> merging/syncing/fixing packages in main repository and helping the
>> release of few USN.
>> I would like to repost my nomination to MOTU, supported by both my old
>> sponsors
>> (Stephan Hermann [2], Kees Cook [3], Jamie Strandboge [4]) and a new one
>> (Michele Angrisano aka DarkSun88 [5]) whom I had the pleasure to work
>> with in the last month.
> As this is Emanuele's second application, I'd like to respond with up to
> date information. First off, Emanuele is absolutely passionate about
> Ubuntu and security. He has founded Ubuntu Pentest team, has helped debug
> various parts of the Ubuntu community websites, and has contributed a lot
> of debdiffs for security issues. He has told me that he works on Ubuntu
> as much as 6 hours a day, and I believe him! His is a valuable member of
> the community and his work is very much appreciated.

I agree with Jamie, because Emanuele did some uploads to hardy, too.
I reviewed his debdiffs and they were perfect.
Regarding his security work, too, I strongly advise to approve him as a
MOTU. He is commited
and he is a hard worker. The common MOTU sense of "Hey, I don't
understand this, could you explain" he knows very well,
every time he didn't know what to do he asked, and followed the
instructions. For me, the perfect MOTU candidate.